The Language Exchange

Welcome to our Language Exchange! This blog is a platform for my students to publish their own texts in the languages I teach them. I think this might be a good way to motivate them to learn languages. Feel free to comment on the posts. And please be nice. (Every student has written an introductory post, usually accompanied by a photo. You can find them in the archives.)

Friday, June 25, 2010

On Holland - by Klara (17)

When I think of Holland, I think of ... a flat country with many great fields. It is well known that there are famous "coffee shops" where you can buy "something" to smoke ...
One of the things I have to think of is the capital city of the Netherlands, Amsterdam. People with clogs (that are ugly shoes, I think). And I have to think of Anne Frank's house, where her family had to hide.

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Hello Klara,

Yess, clogs are not the most fancy shoes to wear but these days the clogs Holland is known for, are hardly used anymore.
Amsterdam is our capital indeed. Lots to see, including the Anne Frank house. Worth to go and visit.
In the coffeeshops you can buy more than just coffee. Shouldn't go there if I were you. There are much better shops to visit while in Holland.
Actually it is the Netherlands, Holland is just one of the 11 provinces. It's not the same as a pact of states, the provinces are an area with a government which can rule about certain things, but don't have independant courts, seperate police etc.

Greetings from Monique from the Netherlands, from the province of Gelderland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home