The Language Exchange

Welcome to our Language Exchange! This blog is a platform for my students to publish their own texts in the languages I teach them. I think this might be a good way to motivate them to learn languages. Feel free to comment on the posts. And please be nice. (Every student has written an introductory post, usually accompanied by a photo. You can find them in the archives.)

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Year's Eve - by Alexander

I was with my uncle. Dinner was fantastic! We had raclette. After that we went for a walk and found an umbrella with holes. When we went back home, we watched "Dinner for One". This play is a comedy in black and white where an old lady celebrates her 90th birthday with four imaginary guests she has outlived long ago. Only her butler is with her and impersonates each of the guests. This piece is shown on TV every year on December 31.
At midnight we went out and let off fireworks. I went to bed at 7 o'clock the next morning.

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alexander!

This was interesting to read. I live in Finland and also here "Dinner for One" is shown on TV on last day of each year! I also looked at it last year and also called to my father, who is 87 years old, and asked him to look at it. I suppose he had seen it earlier also but he just didn't remember seeing it and afterwards he said it was very fun!

Best regards

Sirpa

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sirpa,

Thank you for your comment. It's very interesting to learn that this show is broadcast in other countries, too.

Best regards,
Alex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home